Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween - Atari 2600 - Countdown to Halloween

This one I didn't play until only a few years ago, I didn't even know it existed. I was unable to play it on an Atari and instead played it on a ROM. So like all Atari 2600 games it involves a little use of your imagination.

As per most Atari games, what you have to do is very unclear. So unless you have the booklet telling you what you have to do. You pretty much are left to figure it out all on your own. Which when that happens, I really don't know what I had to do.

The premise,....I really don't know. I ran around and I thought I had to rescue the other people. But sometimes I could attach myself to them, other times I walked right by. I really had no idea what I was doing at all. Maybe if I played it has a kid with the instruction booklet, maybe then it would be fun.

The only enjoyment I got out of it now, was I couldn't believe that when Michael Myers kills somebody, there is actually blood. Which I believe this may be a first. The first game to actually show blood spurting from a dead victim.


In regards to the movie and the game tie in. Well the game has the main theme that plays when Michael appears, but it gets really annoying really fast. But it is very nostalgic! Halloween was one of the few horror movies that didn't bother me has a kid. I just didn't find a white William Shatner mask scary. But again, didn't know what I was doing and 10 min later the game was turned off and probable will never play it again.

But blood, PIXEL BLOOD, very impressive!! 10 out of 10 just for that. Could you imagine seeing pixel blood in a game back in 1983!?

0 comments:

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK