Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resistance 2 - PS3

I own the first one, and it was one of the few games that I really got my moneys worth outta of. The single player was great and the online was really fun. I played this game for 2 years without getting bored.

So I was delighted to hear about a Resistance 2. And knowing me, I love any game that has Trophies, I am a trophy addict. I will do everything I can to get the trophies. Right now, that's what I am currently doing, trying to get all the trophies.

The single player mission is much shorter than the first one. It looks better, the controls are mapped better, but its kinda short. But again, they get you to replay these levels to get the trophies. So after I have played through once, I gotta go back again, to kill certain enemies a number of times with a specific weapon, or find all the intell and so on. Its pretty fun.

What I think is missing from the game is the vehicle portion and controlling large mounted guns. Instead it is replaced with Giant Leviathan bosses. They are all pretty easy to beat, its the overwhelming of enemies on the screen that always kill me. But with all the enemies on the screen and all the shit blowing up and bullets flying, there is NO slow down time. Its awesome to see 50-60 enemies on the screen at once and mowing them down with grenades and explosives.


The weapon system is different aswell. You don't collect weapons and have them throughout the entire game like the last one, instead, you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so choose your weapon carefully. Head into a situation with the wrong weapon and make it past a checkpoint, you got some hard times ahead.

But its the multiplayer where this game really shines. You got Co-op, (my fav) and Competitive. Co-op of course is playing with people online to work together to complete task. There are 3 different classes to choose from. A heavy gunner, Medic and Spec OPs. They did a great job of making people work together online as well. Unlike most games where groups of people on the same team runoff and do whatever they want to do by themselves. Co-op actually is set up so that all 3 benefit each other. Each one needs the other to get by, if you go in with just a heavy gunner, you will run outta ammo, so you need the spec-ops to resupply with ammo or your up shit creek. The medic, well for obvious reasons. You can't heal yourself, any damage taken stays with you, you don't heal over time. All you team gets wiped out and if there's not medic to revive you, your Fked. The solider, well, hes the tank of the team, able to deal large amounts of damage quickly and able to put up force fields to protect the rest of the team. Its Great how they made the co-op in this game.


So overall, I really am enjoying this game. I have gotten almost all the single player trophies and am working on the co-op trophies now. Then after that I have to get the competitive trophies. but I doubt I will get all of those. Its something like get 10,000 kills for a gold trophy. I've been playin alot, and I only have 738 kills. I can only imagine how many hrs you would have to put in to get 10,000 kills

I like this game, its great with friends and much better than the online game sites say. I say if you got a PS3 then this one is worth your while. Get a buddy to get it aswell. Its great fun.

8/10

Heres a little vid of some guy talking has hes playing. Its pretty funny stuff.

0 comments:

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK