Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Christmas of The Kid and Taz

This one Christmas I had gotten two games that I had asked for, it was great. I remember talking to anyone who would listen. "Kid Chameleon as over 1800 screens?!?....what did that even mean?!" There was something about a game that had so many levels that boggled the mind. The game was fast and vibrant and stays in my memories as much as the first day I got Sonic the Hedgehog.



The other game was Tazmania. I was a fan of the looney toons and I think in this particular era, Taz was one everything. I had a T-shirt with him on it. He was on my school binder, stickers...so it seemed only natural to have a game based on him. Luckily it was a great game and not some half-assed knock off.

I played both these games till the wee hrs and loved every min of it. Looking back on those commercial and video really brings back the nostalgia.

That's right, the final boss is a giant seagull.

2 comments:

Gameolio said...

Oh man, that 'Kid Chameleon' commercial. Speechless!

Blake said...

1800 SCREENS!!!! screens?!?!..I've been a gamer my whole life. I have never heard of the term screens used as levels. Perhaps they meant 100 worlds with 1300 levels??

Loved the early commercials for all those classic games.

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK