Monday, April 5, 2010

Gears of War 2 : Co-op - Xbox 360

So a year later and I finally got around to finishing Gears of War 2 in Co-op on Hardcore. Overall, its a fun game, I wouldn't call it the best FPS I ever played but if be up there in the top 10.

I think Hype has alot to do with it has well, hearing about Gears of War and then the Gears of War fanboys who say there is no better game. But to be honest, I don't think I can make a fair judgment of the game. Only the Co-op portion, I didn't play it on single player and I never played the multiplayer either. But based off the Co-op experience, its a decent game. I wasn't blown away by anything in the game, but it was fun.
So things that I liked and didn't like.

Dislike.

1)Voice acting. Good god, the writing and voice acting in this is horrible. The screaming over the top redneck gang related American soldier. Is that a good enough description for ya?! I dreaded every single time any of the characters opened their mouths. "BOOYYYAAAAA, take that you Mutha F@#KIN Bitches!!! AAArrrggggg, the voice acting some may say is suppose to be that way, over the top. Well saying that something is SUPPOSE to be that way, doesn't make it any better.

"OHHH, they are suppose to sound like annoying idiots all the time, well then. That makes a world of difference, I am enjoying the game so much better now that I know that".

2)Any game that has the cover button the same button for running and jumping. It doesn't have to be this game, this refers to any game that uses this feature. I died countless, NUMEROUS, TOO MANY FRIKKEN TIMES, when I wanted to dash to a area and instead I hugged the side of the wall which resulted in my death. That split second that means the difference between surviving and getting killed is all hinged upon being too close to a wall that my character wants to hug his back too.

Those were my 2 biggest gripes. Its not a bad game by no means, but those 2 things really ekked me.

What I would have liked to see is more co-op involvement, such has one guy holding a baddie and the other one going up to him and maybe sawing him in half. More team based kills like that, that would have been nice to see, but that can apply to any co-op game. Just something that would seem to fit here rather well.

The split screen was good, I didn't feel it hampered or took away anything from the game. And even though both of us are on the screen at the same time. I still found myself shouting out, "where are you?". While a quick glance up would tell me just that, so the game does a great job of putting you in the experience.

Overall, it was a fun game and even though I didn't play it on my own. The co-op experience is a nice touch to most games and this one is a great game to play with friends.

0 comments:

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK