Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Game that Got Away!!


Growing up has a kid there were games that seemed unattainable. They were too much money, they are on a different system that was super expensive and I already used up my birthday and Christmas game request for that year. So the only way I could see these was to look at screen shots form the Nintendo Power Magazine or see commercials for them on TV.

For me that game was Bonk's Adventure. Played on the sleek Turbo Graphx 16. It was a machine that looked like it was dragged back from the future and had rockets attached somewhere inside.






I wanted this game and I knew short of a miracle I was never going to get to play it. I already had a Nintendo and I had read and seen teaser pics in magazines of this thing called Genesis. So when it came down to it, the little blue hedgehog won out a tiny bald man. But I always went back and looked at screen shots of a game that someday wanted to play.


But has you get older those feelings(excitement) that you have has a kid over wanting something badly, disappears. So after years of gaming I pretty much forgot about the game, always in the back of my mind has the one that got away.

Until recently I saw that it was going to be released for the Wii has DLC. Well then, that's great, I don't own a Wii. I would like to pay for this game, but dammit, its been 21 years now since I first laid eyes on this game. I'm gonna end up grabbing a mod of this and playing it on the PC. I would like to have it for a console (that I own), but if I can't get it legally, I plan on being a pirate and doing pirate things, ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

2 comments:

Loner Gamer said...

It's been out on the Wii Virtual console for a while now. The sequel is available there too. Don't hate the Wii, make it one of your consoles and get the game already :)

Blake said...

oh I don't hate the Wii, I just don't own it.

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK