Thursday, July 9, 2009
I often go online to find hints and guides or strategies on how to do the really frustrating stuff with games. Some of the stuff is just plain ridiculous that certain games ask you to do. So I figure some good ole fashion assistants from people who've done it is in order.
But what do you get from these people who have done these insane challenges. Well they all have that same attitude. "THIS ISN'T HARD", "STOP BITCHIN" "IT ONLY TOOK ME 53 hrs, STOP COMPLAINING", "IF YOU PLAY 2 HRS A DAY, THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT COMPLETED IN 100 DAYS", and the best and most common and useless comment given when asked how to do something difficult, "WELL, I DID IT"
These are actually comments I got from forums and hints advice. Its insane, there's this one guy I like who is talking about doing the sub-zero challenges for MK vs DC and his attitude through the whole thing while he is doing it is," This isn't hard, I don't know what people are talking about". But his video is not even helpful, it doesn't tell me when to exactly to press the button, its just him doing it. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HELP ME??!!! Yaaaayyy, I saw someone do it, but it doesn't tell me how, you frikken turd!
So its easy to say that there are some HARCORE gamers out there that, that's all they do. They play games 24/7. We've always come to the conclusion that these people are always kids with no responsibilities or fat lazy people with weird voices who sit at home and play games and eat nachos while they live off their parents in the basement. That's the stereotype anyway.
But I figure I do up a little quiz that you can do to see just how much of a hardcore gamer with no life you actually are! Give yourself a point every time you answer yes to any question.
Gamers with No life Quiz
1. Do you buy every game that comes out just because it is said to be the next big game for the system?
2. Do you buy games because they are cheap/sale even though you arn't interested in the game?
3. Do you buy games just to increase your trophy/achievement score?
4. Have you ever blown off your friends to play games?
5. Have you ever played games for 12hr or more straight?
6. Do you belong to a clan, raiding party, online gaming community?
7. If so, do you set up weekly online matches?
8. Do you own more than 3 gaming systems?
9. Do you own or have you ever played, Hanna Montana?
10. Are you a person that doesn't finish most of the games you play? (Finish everything, this does not mean, getting to the last level and quiting)
11. Do you have a modded system?PSP, DS, etc.
12. Do you buy the latest handheld systems?
13. Do you play MMO's" (Games like WOW, Starwars, Conan, online stuff)
14. Do you buy titles based solely on the name regardless of what you've heard about the game itself. Halo, Mortal Kombat, Starwars, Sonic, Mario.?
15. Do you set up Gaming nights with friends?
16. Have you ever thrown your controller in frustration with a game?
17. Have you ever broken a piece of gaming gear when playing a game, controller, system, powerglove, etc?
18. Have you ever put off going to the bathroom for hrs to play a game? 1 hr counts.
19. Have you ever left a game on over night to play the next day?
20. Do you buy more than 1 game a month?
21. Have you ever had simulated sex in a game that you have played?
Like I said, give yourself a point for every "YES" you answered.
1-5: Your an ordinary person who likes playing games for fun.
6-10: You know what you are doing and are no slouch in the gaming world. Competitive and Fun!
11-15: Your Hardcore, whether you believe it or not. Its the last step before you actually have to think about staying at home and playing or going out to meet women or men.
16-20: You really let games define who you are. The 12 year old kid, or the nacho eating fat person who lives in his parents basement. Congratulations.
So I took my own test and I came out with a 8/20. Not bad!!
And of course this test is tested and proven to be fact by me and my brain. So its almost like the Bible. yeah, right!
Posted by Blake at 8:31 AM