Silent Hill Homecomeing is one of my personal most anticipated games this year, and I wasn't dissappointed. I knew this one wasn't made by Team Silent but an American Team, Double Helix and the Japanese scense of dread and over-all doom wasn't there. This one truely feels "Americanized" which isn't that good of a thing but isn't all that bad either.
I miss all the weird scares of the old ones, such as the haunted house in Silent Hill 3 or the invisible monster of Silent Hill 2, and I had hoped this one wouldn't lose that. ah-wells.
I played this one with my friend Jacob and while we were going through the game I made a list of all the things I wanted to mention. I thought a long winded review would be too boring so here it is in point form:
- great atmosphere
- fun solid controls, shooting/aiming
- nice background graphics
- fun/creepy boss fights
- wounds the show on enemies
- good weapon system
- It's fun to knock over chairs and lamps
- Pyramid Head makes a brief cameo and is unintentionally funny
- Can only carry limited ammo
- Not enough health! Holy crap where's the health?
- Cheap shots from enemies
- Really bad character animation/ lip syncs
- Weird Glitches (freezing, sounds/characters dissappearing, etc etc)
- Missing overall sense of dread and horror/feels more like an action game
The Whatever the hell this thing is:
- WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!!!!!
final score: 7.5/10