Thursday, October 2, 2008

Silent Hill Homecoming Review- 360/PS3

Silent Hill Homecomeing is one of my personal most anticipated games this year, and I wasn't dissappointed. I knew this one wasn't made by Team Silent but an American Team, Double Helix and the Japanese scense of dread and over-all doom wasn't there. This one truely feels "Americanized" which isn't that good of a thing but isn't all that bad either.

I miss all the weird scares of the old ones, such as the haunted house in Silent Hill 3 or the invisible monster of Silent Hill 2, and I had hoped this one wouldn't lose that. ah-wells.

I played this one with my friend Jacob and while we were going through the game I made a list of all the things I wanted to mention. I thought a long winded review would be too boring so here it is in point form:

THE GOOD

  • great atmosphere
  • fun solid controls, shooting/aiming
  • nice background graphics
  • fun/creepy boss fights
  • wounds the show on enemies
  • good weapon system
  • It's fun to knock over chairs and lamps
  • Pyramid Head makes a brief cameo and is unintentionally funny

THE BAD

  • Can only carry limited ammo
  • Not enough health! Holy crap where's the health?
  • Cheap shots from enemies
  • Really bad character animation/ lip syncs
  • Weird Glitches (freezing, sounds/characters dissappearing, etc etc)
  • Missing overall sense of dread and horror/feels more like an action game

The Whatever the hell this thing is:

  • WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!!!!!

final score: 7.5/10


0 comments:

FIND US ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK